Monday, August 3, 2009

week nine chemistry of life

Gene therapy

I looked gene therapy up on wikipedia, and the lists other issues with gene therapy and reasons it may not work so well, including the fact that it has caused deaths.

I think as a human family, we should focus on prevention and healthy balanced living in harmony with the environment, so that we do not create so many toxic situations that cause disease instead of these highly technical fixes that treat the human body like a machine.

The bottom line is that the gene therapies are being developed through use and abuse of innocent animals, I think better if we could just let some things be. It’s not quite right having to test products on animals, so abusive, and perhaps people could connect back to our roots more on searching a better ingredients and substances of resolving things.

Animation

I viewed the animation, its fun to see them all in 3D. The chain reaction animation reminded me of a video game. Great example of a chain reaction, chemically!

Definitions of the “Chemistry of Life”

Relationship to other "molecular-scale" biological sciences "Biochemistry is the study of molecules in the absence of the rest of the organism." and I thought THAT's why I wasn't previously interested in chemistry.

. Looking at living systems at the molecular level, researching diseases to find cures, the biochemistry of viruses, describing the molecular basis of living systems, now I understand , its not too bad having to study the Chemistry.

The increased of understanding on what biochemistry is sure giving me a nice feeling of a whole!

No comments:

Post a Comment